During the winter months the combination of lower humidity, increased winds and cold temperatures create the perfect storm for living your skin dry, dehydrated and more susceptible to damage. Believe it or not, even sun exposure is still strong for your skin during winter time! That’s right winter, our lovely snow reflects sun light straight on you!
TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN WITH B.YOU ESSENTIALS - THE BEST SKIN CARE PRODUCTS
Keeping skin healthy and refreshed after the winter months can be as easy as following these simple guidelines:
1. Your first and very important step is to wash your face with B.You Soft Cleansing Milk with Camomile.
Camomile essential oil will sooth and calm down irritated skin. Loads of antioxidants (A, C and E), will protect your skin and fight free radicals, aloe vera juice will hydrate, olive oil, neem oil will deeply nourish and tea extracts will help to strengthen your skin and restore collagen level.
2. Exfoliation!!! Have you noticed those little flakes on your forehead, nose and more tightness in your skin?? Well, exfoliation with Lemongrass Face Polish by B.You will help to slough off those dead skin cells and reinvigorate your skin! :)
Glycolic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Malic Acid are from group of Alpha Hydroxy acids that help gently exfoliate the skin and very effectively help to treat fine lines, acne, blackheads, dullness, dryness of the skin, combined with soothing and nourishing natural jojoba beads and divine aroma of lemongrass essential oil. Trust me, there is nothing more your skin could ask for!
3. This is a very important accent in your daily skin care routine, a facial toner. Take B.You Lavender Mist and spray onto cotton ball. Start gently wiping your face from the forehead dawn. This step will tell you if you cleaned your face properly.
Lavender Mist will soothe, refresh and bring back natural pH balance to your skin. Also it acts against inflammation and closes skin pores. :)
4. Supercharge your skin with face serums. Of course the goal is to show off youthful glow, so do not think about skipping this step! Power up your skin with Hyaluronic Acid Serum with Vitamin C + E.
Hyaluronic Acid will hydrate and smooth out fine lines and wrinkles
Vitamin C + E are powerful antioxidants that support each other in fighting free radicals, inflammation, boosts collagen, evens out skin tone
And one of our fancy and very important ingredient Blue Green Algae contains a full spectrum of minerals, chlorophyll, B Vitamins,Beta-Carotene, Pro Vitamin A, Lipids, enzymes, essential amino acids, nucleic acids, DHA and EPA fatty acids, which help the skin in regeneration process. It strengthen the skin, speed up cells mitochondria, which means that skin cells start to work faster and more efficiently that helps damaged skin to look vibrant, supple and youthful!
5. Totally nourished and protected! Apply creams that contain both humectant ingredients to draw moisture into the skin and occlusive ingredients to trap it within. As complicated as it sounds it is not:)
- Humectants, they help the skin keep hydration and draw the moisture inside of the skin. *Glycerine and hyaluronic acid are perfect examples*
Occlusive ingredients, they lock in moisture and prevent Trans Epidermal Water Loss by creating little film on the top layer of the skin. Natural occlusive ingredients are butters ( like cocoa butter), oils ( like olive oil, grapeseed oil), squalene
*For very dry and sensitive skin I strongly recommend Vanilla Ultra Replenishing Cream. Wonderful as a makeup base as well! Also, does not leave any greasy residue.
*Calendula Soothing Cream is amazing as well and it’s consistency is a little lighter than the Vanilla Ultra Replenishing Cream. Also, the aroma is floral ( lavender, camomile, geranium:)).
*Combination and oily skin. That’s right, your skin needs protection and nourishment as well! Collagen Skin Recovery will bring perfect balance between oiliness and dehydration, leaving your skin radiant and blemish free!
IN TERMS OF THE SPF
It is very important to protect your skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays. So, either use cream with SPF or for our makeup lovers find the foundation with SPF protection.
* Ingredients to look for : Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide
Many of you choose to use either face moisturizer/cream or face moisturizer with SPF. Often times the SPF moisturizers dry out the skin and we do not want that.
So, what should you do?
- First massage the moisturizer/cream onto the skin and once absorbed massage additional layer of moisturizer with SPF.
Mix a little bit moisturizer/cream and moisturizer with SPF in your palms and then massage onto your face. :)
Alright, I think that in terms of the best skin care products for your home-care regimen I have covered it all:). In terms of best spa treatments that will help your skin rejuvenate and rehydrate I will post next week. Woohooo!
Feel free to share this post as well as ask any questions in a comment section below. ;)